Custom Executive Education
On this page
We deliver senior-level custom executive education programmes for business, government, the public sector and universities globally.
We can leverage world-class design research expertise and teaching from the Schools of Architecture, Arts & Humanities, Design and Communication.
Our award winning research centres and incubators include the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design, Material Science Research Centre, the Intelligent Mobility Design Centre and InnovationRCA.
Our graduates lead and influence many of the world’s global businesses, including including Apple, Bentley, Burberry, IDEO, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia Motors, Porsche and Samsung.
- We deliver courses on design thinking, service design, creative leadership, disruptive innovation, entrepreneurship, human-centred design, artificial Intelligence and healthcare design.
- We can tailor the curriculum for a day, a week, or several weeks over the course of a year with interrelated projects.
- Courses can be delivered online, on-campus, hybrid or at partner organisations.
- Previous courses have been delivered in Dubai, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Germany and Mexico.
Courses for universities and training academies
We deliver custom executive education programmes for universities and company leadership training academies globally.
Clients include: Bertelsmann, Beijing Normal University, Donghua University, European Broadcasting Union: Academy, Fudan University, Imperial College London, ITV, Lego Design Academy, Majid al Futtaim: Leadership Institute, National University of Singapore: EMBA, PwC, Royal Bank of Scotland, Shanghai University and University of Europe.
Joint courses with business, government and the public sector
We collaborate with business, government, non-for-profits organisations and the public sector to jointly develop courses to meet the needs of their partners, clients and stakeholders.
Clients include: British Council, Design Museum, Dentsu Japan, Hertfordshire: Local Enterprise Partnerships, Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC), Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS), London & Partners, PwC, TCS Consultants, UK Government and Civil Servants.
Current Executive Education Masterclasses here.
Download the RCA Executive Education Brochure 2021-22.
Explore business case studies here.
RCA Short Courses
Many of our existing short courses and summer schools can be adapted, combined or customised for the particular needs of an organisation. The short courses reflect the college’s unique studio-based learning philosophy with small class sizes, practical group work, rich interaction between students and academics, enhanced peer-to-peer networking and a certificate of achievement on completion.
We attract a global mix of participants from over 60 countries and include: architecture, communication design, contemporary art, curating, interior design and human-centred design.
We provide unparalleled opportunities to access our world-leading teaching, researchers, guest practitioners and facilities, as well as collaborate and connect with an international network of peers.
Current RCA Short Courses and Summer Schools here.
Developing a custom programme
Our experts can develop custom executive education programmes for business, government, the public sector and universities globally.
Many of our existing open executive education and short courses can be adapted, combined or customised for the particular needs of an organisation. Our courses are ideally suited for groups of 15 to 30 or more participants.
During the enquiry stage, we will ask a series of questions to determine the ideal format. We would like to better understand:
- your programme goals and objectives
- specific topics or subjects to cover
- target audience (size of cohort, executive level)
- timing and duration (potential dates and frequency of delivery)
- how it fits with broader development and strategic goals
- potential budget for the custom programme (see open Executive Masterclasses for examples).
We will assess your needs, begin conversations with your team and follow with a written proposal.
Once an agreement has been signed, the RCA will assign a member of the RCA faculty team whose expertise align with your goals and objectives to lead the programme.
We will collaborate with you throughout the process to ensure that we design, develop and deliver tailored learning solutions that meet your specific needs.
Following each programme, we capture participant feedback, conduct a client debriefing and refine content as needed for future programmes.
Each custom programme is delivered by a leading RCA faculty member whose subject-matter expertise aligns with your specific learning objectives and strategic goals.
Programmes focus on cutting-edge innovations and our key areas of expertise include:
Our custom courses can be delivered online via synchronous sessions in a live virtual environment.
- engage with the RCA’s esteemed academics and facilitators via an audio & video conferencing service with simultaneous translation and captioning (where applicable)
- access resources on the College's virtual learning platform
- work with peers in breakout rooms using visual collaboration tools in real time
On campus delivery
In 2022 we celebrated the opening of the RCA’s new state-of-the-art research and innovation campus designed by Herzog & de Meuron in Battersea and the return of in person executive masterclasses and short courses.
'The top floor spaces have been specifically designed for the delivery of Executive Education. It's an incredible space with windows all around and 360 degree views across London - simply put, it's a really lovely, immersive, inspiring place to learn.' Hattie Allen, Executive Education Manager
RCA Short Courses will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation in the period up to the course dates. Our planning incorporates the latest UK Government guidance as well as consideration of how best to ensure a safe and inclusive learning space for participants and staff team. Our participants health, wellbeing and quality of experience while attending our on-campus courses is paramount to us. Full details of the Covid safe guidelines in place for the course will be provided to you in advance of your start date with your welcome information. It may be necessary due to Covid-19 restrictions to change the mode of delivery to live online or postpone to a later date. We will endeavour to notify all participants in advance of any changes, no later than 2 weeks before the course start date.
Terms & conditions apply.
7th Floor Executive Education event spaces in Battersea, London.
Explore recent case studies with universities and training academies:
- Beijing Normal University
- Donghua University
- European Broadcasting Union
- Fudan University EMBA
- Imperial College London
- Korean Institute of Design Promotion
- Lego Design Academy
- National University of Singapore EMBA
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Shanghai Academy of Fine Arts
- University of Europe and Edology
Explore recent case studies with business, government and the public sector:
- British Council
- Design Museum
- Dentsu Japan
- Hertfordshire: Local Enterprise Partnerships
- Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
- Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS)
- London & Partners
- Qatar Social Innovation
- TCS Consultants
- UK Government and Civil Servants
Contact us to discuss developing a custom programme:
- Peter Christian, Head of Executive Education
- Hattie Allen, Executive Education Manager
Featured case studies
Dentsu Japan: Service Design Masterclass Online
KFAS Innovation Challenge
Fudan University Disruptive Global Innovation Masterclass
London & Partners: Innovation Fellowship
Designing Services & Products with Artificial Intelligence
Get in touch to find out how we can help your business succeed.