Service Design Masterclass (online)
5, 6, 9 & 10 October 2023
Building a globally successful creative business (on campus)
9 – 11 October 2023 - FULLY BOOKED
Design Thinking & Innovation in Collaboration with the Design Museum (on campus)
19 & 20 October 2023
2, 3, 6 & 7 November 2023
Designing for an Ageing Population (on campus)
27 & 28 November 2023
Creative Leadership (on campus)
New dates to be announced soon
“A great way to take a brain break from the work routine, get inspired and engage in some rapid thinking methodology with a smart and diverse group of people.”
Our Executive Education Masterclasses can be tailored and adapted for business, government, the public sector and universities globally. Learn more about Custom Executive Education with the RCA.
“Design thinking is so much more than just about design, I can use this in my every day role, as well as communicating these concepts to my in-house design and marketing team. This really is world class education in a world class organisation.”
“As a designer, I can see the value in creativity in my daily work, however, creativity is not always valued amongst senior leadership at my company. The Creative Leadership course gave me the tools and knowledge to push for that to happen.”
“I learned new tools and new design methodologies that will definitely add value to my career and years to come. I can't wait to implement this for future challenges!”
Register your interest for our Executive Education Masterclasses.
Back to the main Short Courses page.
About Executive Education
- World-class professional and personal development
- Advanced level lectures and seminars by RCA academic faculty who teach on the postgraduate degree programmes
- Notable guest speakers and professional practitioners connected to industry
- Real time interaction with the course leaders to exchange ideas and receive feedback
- Learn about the RCA's most recent case studies and practices
- Opportunity to collaborate and connect with an international network of peers
- Business critical skills essential for the twenty-first century
- Certificate of achievement on completion.
The World Economic Forum ‘Future of Jobs’ research report highlighted that by 2022, in the context of technological advances including AI, ‘human’ skills such as creativity, critical thinking and empathy will be among the top three most important business skills.
Teaching and learning methodologies
- “Learning by doing” drawing upon the ethos of the RCA studio context, an immersive space where interdisciplinary and creativity push the boundaries of innovation
- Teaching via a mixture of case studies, lectures, and small group exercises, you’ll gain the strategies, tools, and insights to solve your most challenging problems
- Clear, simple digital technologies and flexible learning models to enable our participants to navigate e-learning with the guidance and support of our expert faculty.
On campus delivery
The RCA’s new state-of-the-art research and innovation Battersea campus was designed by Herzog & de Meuron and opened and opened in 2022, marking the most significant campus development in the College’s history.
We run the majority of our in-person short courses from the top floor of the Rausing Research & Innovation Building – which boasts eight floors of dedicated independent and confidential research space for areas such as materials science, soft robotics, advanced manufacturing, intelligent mobility and AR/VR visualisation.
'The top floor spaces have been specifically designed for the delivery of Executive Education. It's an incredible space with windows all around and 360 degree views across London - simply put, it's a really lovely, immersive, inspiring place to learn.' Hattie Allen, Executive Education Manager
7th Floor Executive Education event spaces in Battersea, London.
RCA Short Courses will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation in the period up to the course dates. Our planning incorporates the latest UK Government guidance as well as consideration of how best to ensure a safe and inclusive learning space for participants and staff team. Our participants health, wellbeing and quality of experience while attending our on-campus courses is paramount to us. Full details of the Covid safe guidelines in place for the course will be provided to you in advance of your start date with your welcome information. It may be necessary due to Covid-19 restrictions to change the mode of delivery to live online or postpone to a later date. We will endeavour to notify all participants in advance of any changes, no later than 2 weeks before the course start date.
Terms & conditions apply.
7th Floor Executive Education event spaces in Battersea, London:
Our custom courses can be delivered via live online sessions in a virtual learning environment.
- engage with the RCA’s esteemed academics and facilitators via an audio & video conferencing service with simultaneous translation and captioning (where applicable)
- access resources on the College's virtual learning platform
- work with peers in breakout rooms using visual collaboration tools in real time
Join a network of global peers
Our courses are an opportunity to collaborate with a global network of peers.
We have been running these courses for more than 5 years and have attracted a high calibre individuals and organisations from over 60 countries.
Past participant industries include:
- financial services, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, education, consulting, pharmaceuticals, advertising/marketing, museums, education, artists and designers.
Past companies include:
- Adidas, AstraZeneca, BAA plc, BBC, Bertelsmann, Dentsu, European Broadcasting Union, Facebook, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, GlaxoSmithKline, Google, HSBC, Hong Kong Civil Service Bureau, IBM, ITOCHU, J.P. Morgan, Medronic, Panasonic, PwC, Samsung, Sharjah Art Foundation, Singapore Airlines, Sony, Statoil, University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, and more.
Custom short courses and executive education
Our experts can develop custom executive education programmes for business, government, the public sector and universities globally.
Many of our existing open executive education and short courses can be adapted, combined or customised for the particular needs of an organisation. The courses are ideally suited for groups of 15 to 30 or more participants.
Find out more about Custom Executive Education and Short Courses here.
Download the RCA Executive Education Brochure 2021-22.
Contact us to discuss developing a custom programme: