The RCA welcomes applications from talented, creative individuals from all over the world. Many are from backgrounds you might expect such as art, design, architecture, communications, media and humanities. Others come from disciplines as broad as engineering, social sciences, computer science, toolmaking, medicine, business, law, physics, life coaching, economics, teaching, music... the list is endless.
What RCA students share is the potential, commitment and ambition to make change in the world through art and design.
You'll need to fulfil specific academic criteria in order to apply for our programmes. Our programme pages explain the requirements for each programme.
Graduate Diploma Art & Design
If you feel you are not quite prepared to apply for an MA or MRes, we invite you to apply for the Graduate Diploma Art & Design pre-Master’s programme. Applicants come from an variety of backgrounds and disciplines and all applications are evaluated on their individual merits.
Candidates are selected entirely on merit and applications are welcomed from all over the world. The selection process will consider creativity, imagination and innovation as demonstrated in your portfolio, as well as your potential to benefit from the programme and to achieve high MA standards overall.
Our MPhil and PhD programmes welcome applications from candidates from across the world and of all ages, including those with academic and professional backgrounds.
Visas for international students
In addition to the RCA’s minimum requirements, students who need a Student Visa for their studies at the RCA will need to show that they have met Home Office’s minimum requirements for entry clearance. Further information can be found here.
The RCA receives over 10,000 applications each year so we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible to give yourself the best chance of securing an offer of study.
You can apply for your programme of interest via our online application portal.
Note: Applications are still open for the September 2021 intake. As our main application round 1 and 2 deadlines have now passed, please note that your application will be subject to the availability of places. Some programmes may only have waiting list places available.
- Application Deadline:
- Interview Week: 30 November – 4 December 2020
- Notification of outcome: Wednesday 16 December 2020
- Offer acceptance deadline: Wednesday 6 January 2021
- Application Deadline
- Interview Week: 8–12 March 2021
- Notification of outcome: Wednesday 24 March 2021
- Offer acceptance deadline: Wednesday 14 April 2021
- Application Deadline: Open until programmes fill
- Notification of outcome: We will consider applications as they are submitted and notify applicants of the result as early as possible. Successful applications may be added to a waitlist depending upon availability of places on the programme. Offers will be issued as places become available.