Our objectives are 'to advance learning, knowledge and professional competence particularly in the fields of fine arts, in the principles and practice of art and design in their relation to industrial and commercial processes and social developments and other subjects relating thereto, through teaching, research and collaboration with industry and commerce’.
Our mission is as follows
“The Royal College of Art aims to achieve international standards of excellence in the postgraduate and pre- /mid-professional education of artists and designers and related practitioners. It aims to achieve these through the quality of its teaching, research and practice and through its relationship with the institutions, industries and technologies associated with the disciplines of art and design.”
The College aims to achieve these standards of excellence by:
- Fostering a high level of understanding of the principles and practices of art and design.
- Encouraging individual creativity among staff and students.
- Recruiting students of proven ability and by providing pre-professional and post-experience study opportunities.
- Continuously enhancing appropriate links and collaborations with industries and professional bodies.
- Exploring the innovative applications of technologies and processes to the disciplines of art and design.
- Encouraging awareness of social and environmental developments insofar as they relate to art and design; and through co-operation and partnership with other institutions, locally, nationally and internationally.