We offer a space to develop your personal voice and identity, whilst connecting you with a whole range of different perspectives and a diverse community of artists and designers.
Our graduates work in a wide range of architecture, art, communication and design sectors, but are also found applying design thinking and creative leadership in industries such as:
- Health and medicine
- Consulting and professional services
- R&D and science
- Government and public sectors
- Consumer goods
- Banking and Finance
We asked our graduates how their RCA experience benefitted their careers:
- 90 per cent of alumni feel that the RCA has had a positive impact on their career – they say this is down to the reputation of the College, the creative skills fostered here and access to a network of contacts
- Two-thirds (66 per cent average) of graduates since 2003 say they use the skills learnt at the RCA every day in their current role
- Over 40 per cent of graduates since 2003 have gone on to launch their own businesses or to become independent professionals
You too could be part of our international network of creative individuals who have shaped, and continue to shape, the culture surrounding all of us.
Read our alumni stories to hear from graduates in their own words.
The Royal College of Art is committed to ensuring that our students are equipped with the skills they need to succeed.
Advice and practical workshops on all aspects of business and creative careers are built into the curriculum of all our MA degrees, and upon graduating many alumni continue to be supported by a business aftercare scheme.
FuelRCA is the RCA’s college-wide professional development service. We help curious, creative people up their game and make smart choices about their professional lives.
Over the academic year, the FuelRCA programme of events support students to develop their professional skills, knowledge and networks, and prepare for life after graduation.
InnovationRCA is the Royal College of Art’s centre for student and graduate enterprise, entrepreneurship and for intellectual property commercialisation. Our mission is to strengthen the culture of design innovation and entrepreneurialism at the Royal College of Art. It provides incubation and commercialisation support, enabling RCA graduates to transform compelling ideas into successful businesses or secure commercial licenses. So whether you want to set up a company or hear how other creative people in the Royal College of Art community have succeeded, have a look around the InnovationRCA website.