Some of our scholarships and bursaries are focused on a particular area of study, such as:
● The Orla Kiely Scholarship which supports UK MA Textiles students experiencing financial hardship
● The Charlotte Fraser Scholarship supporting UK MA Ceramics and Glass students
Others focus on ensuring people from a diverse range of backgrounds have the financial support they might need to study at the RCA, for example:
● The Sir Frank Bowling Scholarship, which supports UK students from Black African and Caribbean diaspora heritage, or mixed Black African and Caribbean diaspora heritage, across MA, MRes and PhD study
● The RCA Logitech Scholarships, which provide scholarships for students on any course from underrepresented communities and facing financial hardship
● The Tony Snowdon Scholarship, which supports students from any programme with a physical or sensory disability
The majority of scholarships are offered in the first round of MA programme applications. As you need to hold a degree offer in order to apply for a scholarship, we strongly recommend you apply for your programme by the first application round in order to be considered for a scholarship.
The number of scholarships available at the RCA has is growing significantly, but they remain extremely competitive. We recommend you also look into external funding options too and apply for other sources of funding available.
Once you have received an offer from the RCA, you should express interest in any scholarships available for your programme using the link below by 31 May.
The Scholarships Team will forward you an application form for each scholarship for which you are eligible by 7 June 2022. The deadline for submitting a completed scholarship application(s) is 17 June 2022.
You must hold an offer to study on a full-time taught Master’s degree at the RCA.
Scholarships are awarded predominantly on an assessment of financial hardship and social disadvantage. You will be required to upload suitable evidence to demonstrate this in your application.
Applications to certain scholarships may also ask for a selection of portfolio images and participatIon in a video interview.