Update you browser

For the best experience, we recommend you update your browser. Visit our accessibility page for a list of supported browsers. Alternatively, you can continue using your current browser by closing this message.

Student Support offer confidential help and practical support at any point. We aim to be flexible and responsive and provide a welcoming space to talk things through. If you have any concerns of your own, do get in touch. 

If you are struggling with a personal problem or any other situation which is negatively impacting your studies you can speak with us. We can help students with academic appeals and complaints, incidents of harassment and misconduct, reporting crimes, accessing healthcare, or simply if you are struggling to settle in London. We will always provide a confidential space and we will always listen non-judgementally. 

If you have concerns regarding the welfare of a student, please get in touch with Student Support so that we can advise and explore ways forward. We will always handle your referral sensitively, ensuring the welfare of all parties is central to discussions. 

The Student Centre

The Student Centre has been set up to help students navigate RCA support services, facilities and schools and to provide information, advice, and guidance.

It is a one-stop-shop for Student Support, IT, Estates, and Registry, with weekly dedicated drop-ins for Finance, Disability & Inclusion, and International queries.

Throughout the year, the Student Centre hosts events and activities to encourage engagement, community building, and celebrating important holidays and events.

The Student Centre is based on the Ground Floor of the Stevens Building, Kensington. It is open 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday. 

Mental Health Support

It's normal to feel down, anxious or stressed from time to time. However, if you are finding that these feelings are persisting and affecting your studies, you can get in touch with our Mental Health Coordinator or our Lead Counsellor.

Disability Support

We offer guidance with identifying resources aimed at enabling full participation, including the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).

We work with students to identify support needs and work with other departments within the College to set up Inclusion Plans for students with disabilities and health conditions.

The Student Adviser: Disability and Wellbeing is responsible for coordinating and enhancing support for disabled students. We are also here to help you in a crisis, if you are worried about your health and wellbeing, or are struggling with emotions; we will always try to help. 

Financial Support

We can advise on sources of funding, money management and debt advice, help with any postgraduate loan applications, advise on council tax, cost of living, charitable funding and other finance issues. 

For more information visit Funding your studies.

International Student Support

We offer visa and immigration advice, assistance with extending student visas, information on staying in the UK after studies as well as accessing healthcare and other aspects of life in the UK as an international student.

For more information visit our International Student Support section.

Housing Support

Via our links to the University of London Housing Service, we can provide assistance finding accommodation, dealing with landlords or agencies, advice on tenancy agreements and contractual problems and mediation in disputes with landlords.

For more information visit our Accommodation in London page.

English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

Supporting students in communicating in an academic art and design context. EAP offers all students support with communication, study skills, and general learning strategies. We welcome all questions around language and study skills so please do get in touch. 

For more information visit English for Academic Purposes

Contact us

Get in touch with the Student Support team to book an appointment

Contact us
[email protected]
Student in the Painting studio (photo: Richard Haughton)