Apply to study at the RCA
On this page
Ready to apply? Find out about our application process here.
Once you’ve reviewed and selected the right programme, you can visit our online application portal to begin your application. Your application consists of an initial upload of information (Stage 1), followed by your portfolio submission (stage 2).
- You can save your application and retrieve it later, so you do not have to complete it all in one go.
- Once you've submitted your application, we'll send you an Application Reference Number. This number should be quoted in all correspondence regarding your application.
- Please do not submit any information other than via the application portal as this may not be shared with the selection panels.
If you don’t yet have an account, you’ll need to create one so that we can process your application and keep you informed of progress.
Stage 1: Submit personal information
You will need to provide your personal details, date of birth and contact information. In addition, we'll ask you to provide:
- predicted or achieved performance in previous qualifications and/or evidence of equivalent professional experience
- evidence of English language proficiency if English is not your first language
- context in which qualifications have been achieved or are being completed
- relevant employment history
Once you have completed stage 1, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your portfolio.
Stage 2: Submit your portfolio
Once you've provided your basic information, we'll send you a link to submit your portfolio. We'll also provide a video and guidance notes explaining what the Head of Programme would like to see in your portfolio. Please review these requirements carefully before submitting your application.
You will then need to:
- Upload your portfolio following the guidance provided. Depending on the programme, your portfolio may include files of your work and any written descriptions, explanations or justifications required.
- Provide a 300-word written statement about your motivation to study on the programme.
- Complete the critical challenge – a short video, up to two minutes, of yourself talking to the camera about your personal creative journey.
- Upload one written reference.
Graduate Diploma application process
Master's application process
MPhil/PhD application process
Eligibility and key dates
English language requirements
If you have any questions about the application process, please complete an Enquire to Study form