Following an initial instructive tutorial identifying specific progression aims and requirements, you will be taken through an intensive process of positioning and presenting your practice, critically engaging with your work, and leaving the course with a more distinctive portfolio.
The three-week programme includes both taught sessions and independent exercises. The exercises and activities are designed to support you in developing your portfolio.
This will involve key aspects such as self-branding and editorial strategy, a practitioner statement and the critical commentary to support the body of work.
Week 1: Navigating your practice
- Pecha Kucha, lecture and seminars
- What is a portfolio and its application
- Introductory tutorials
- Begin developing your portfolio for screen or print publication
Week 2: Framing your practice
- Interdisciplinary collaborative project
- Developing a practitioner statement
- Interdisciplinary group project and team presentations
- Group tutorials on portfolio strategies and practitioner statement
Week 3: Presenting your practice
- Finalise your portfolio
- Individual tutorial to critique your approaches and guidance to support completion
- Group discursive portfolio reviews and progression advice
By the end of the programme, you will have a portfolio developed in Adobe InDesign. This will involve key aspects such as self-branding and editorial strategy, a practitioner statement and the critical commentary to support the body of work.