MA Entrance Requirements
Applicants should have:
- a BA in Textiles or a related Art and Design subject, or equivalent experience
- For Soft Systems only: a BA in Textiles, BSc or BEng, or equivalent experience
- a personal proposal for the intended direction of their MA study.
- Passion, commitment and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one's own learning and development are essential for MA study.
All candidates are required to submit an online portfolio of work to be assessed by the Programme’s academic staff team.
Candidates who do not speak English as their first language are required to produce evidence that within the previous two years they have achieved at least 93 in the TOEFL internet test with an additional writing test score of TWE 24 or an IELTS exam score of 6.5 with 6 in writing.
We look for the following in the portfolio applications:
- Good use of colour
- Sensibility with materials/making skills
- Good links between research and idea development
- Good drawing/observation skills
- Ideas in progress
- Strong, ambitious personal statement
Cross College Requirements
For full details of cross-College entrance requirements and portfolio requirements (if applicable), see MA Entrance Requirements.
If you are considering applying to the College, you can prepare for your application by researching the academic programmes offered by each of the Schools, and accessing the Tuition Fees and Funding Support information available. The College provides a number of bursaries towards fees and the costs of living in London. They are available to home and EU students on a competitive basis. For further details, please see Financial Help.
"As part of a programme project with Mantero, I won the prize of a summer internship. I think these kinds of industry-related projects are one of the most important things the RCA offers to students. As well as contacts, they give you such massive understanding and insight into what industry wants."Anna Neklesa, MA Textiles (Print), 2015 -