The Nominations Committee is a statutory committee of Council.
Chair: Sir Peter Bazalgette
Vice-Chancellor, Dr Paul Thompson
Deputy-Chair of Council, Fields Wicker-Miurin
Independent Council members
Two independent members of Council, appointed by the Council
Zioge Smith, College Secretary
Lucy Quarry, Governance Officer
Terms of reference
- To make recommendations to the Council in respect of appointment to the following offices: the Chancellor, and the Deputy-Chair of Council.
- To oversee and advise on the process for the appointment of the Pro-Chancellor and Chair of Council, keeping succession planning under regular review.
- To oversee and advise on the process for the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor, keeping succession planning under regular review.
- To make recommendations on the overall size and composition of the Council’s membership.
- To ensure that provision is made for regular reviews of the effectiveness of Council and its Committees as required by the CUC Code of Governance.
- To make recommendations to Council in respect of the appointment of Chairs to Council Committees.
- To make recommendations to the Council for the appointment of independent members to Council.
- To keep under review the periods of membership of independent members of Council and make recommendations to Council for the renewal or non-renewal of appointments.
- To seek nominations for new independent members of the Council and to keep under review the processes for the recruitment of Council members, ensuring diversity within governance.
- To keep under review the membership of committees and other bodies to which Council appoints members and to appoint members to vacancies.
- To keep under review the skills and expertise required on Council and its Committees with due regard for succession planning.
- To keep under review the appointment of co-opted members to committees or other bodies to which Council appoints members and to recommend to Council the appointment of members to vacancies.
- To keep under review processes for induction, continuing development and review of members of Council.
Frequency of Meetings
Two meetings per year.
18 October 2023, 3–4.30pm
13 May 2024, 3–4.30pm