The Nominations Committee is a statutory committee of Council.
Chair: Sir Peter Bazalgette
Vice-Chancellor, Dr Paul Thompson
Deputy-Chair of Council, Fields Wicker-Miurin
Independent Council members
Two independent members of Council, appointed by the Council
Zioge Smith, College Secretary
Lucy Quarry, Governance Officer
Terms of reference
- To make recommendations to the Council in respect of appointment to the following offices: the Chancellor, and the Deputy-Chair of Council.
- To oversee and advise on the process for the appointment of the Pro-Chancellor and Chair of Council, keeping succession planning under regular review.
- To oversee and advise on the process for the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor, keeping succession planning under regular review.
- To make recommendations on the overall size and composition of the Council’s membership.
- To ensure that provision is made for regular reviews of the effectiveness of Council and its Committees as required by the CUC Code of Governance.
- To make recommendations to Council in respect of the appointment of Chairs to Council Committees.
- To make recommendations to the Council for the appointment of independent members to Council.
- To keep under review the periods of membership of independent members of Council and make recommendations to Council for the renewal or non-renewal of appointments.
- To seek nominations for new independent members of the Council and to keep under review the processes for the recruitment of Council members, ensuring diversity within governance.
- To keep under review the membership of committees and other bodies to which Council appoints members and to appoint members to vacancies.
- To keep under review the skills and expertise required on Council and its Committees with due regard for succession planning.
- To keep under review the appointment of co-opted members to committees or other bodies to which Council appoints members and to recommend to Council the appointment of members to vacancies.
- To keep under review processes for induction, continuing development and review of members of Council.
Frequency of Meetings
Two meetings per year.
15 May 2023, 3–4.30pm
18 October 2023, 3–4.30pm
13 May 2024, 3–4.30pm