Head of Programme Welcome
Established 26 years ago, the MA Curating Contemporary Art (CCA) Programme is recognised both as an international leader in its field and for its commitment to collaborative group project-based work that integrates theory and practice throughout the curriculum.
The CCA Programme approaches the field critically, theoretically and through best practice in commissioning, curating and programming with London-based and national arts organisations and spaces, ensuring that the knowledge and understanding of these practices is grounded in the context of public audiences, urbanisation and the digital. In the increasingly complex cultural environment in which curating takes place, our research-led and practice-led teaching by staff and visiting tutors ensures the curatorial and artistic significance, intellectual value and critical vitality of the MA Programme.
The Programme offers:
- practice-based learning and research-led teaching
- collaborative learning and research through project-based work
- a graduate project with external high-profile partners
- an awareness of wider social, political and economic contexts
- a understanding of transnational contexts and issues of diversity and inclusion
- an international student body and peer-led learning
- responsiveness to shifts in artistic and curatorial practice
- professional development
- an independent research-based dissertation.