Ecological Citizen(s) is a 4 year Network+ based at the RCA in collaboration with University of York’s Stockholm Environment Institute and Wrexham University. Our mission is to catalyse Ecological Citizenship for positive climate action.
At a glance:
- In collaboration with University of York’s Stockholm Environment Institute and Wrexham University, we are a transdisciplinary team working across design, citizen-science, activism, technology and engineering.
- The ecological and climate crisis are the two biggest challenges facing humanity. We see numerous digital opportunities to mitigate the impacts, and so have created the Ecological Citizen(s) Network+.
- Ecological Citizen(s) will mobilise diverse groups of people to make impactful change through accessible technology and community-focused approaches.
- Ecological Citizen(s) is a ‘project to make projects’. The EPSRC grant includes funding which will be available to support innovative ideas, research and pilots.
- We are intent on lowering barriers to entry (for publics) so all can be Ecological Citizens, through an inclusive digital sustainable society.