Future Trends & Global Innovation
The world of tomorrow faces many challenges, but also presents major opportunities for higher-impact collaborative innovation. Whether from changing demographics, the impacts of climate change, the adoption of more AI or changes in the nature of business, globally we can see multiple arenas for greater innovation impact.
The Future Agenda is the world’s largest open foresight programme. It brings together and shares insights on the next decade gained via over 120 workshops conducted with 5,000 informed people across 35 countries. It is based on the premise that no-one knows for certain what will happen next, but by listening to and challenging multiple different views from around the world, we can all be more informed and so take better decisions.
This one-day executive masterclass is led by Dr Tim Jones, programme director of Future Agenda. It explores the key changes taking place globally, shares some of the key shifts and identifies a host of emerging innovation opportunities. It is a highly interactive event using the latest views on the drivers of change from around the world. Mixing trend immersion, discussion of implications and development of future propositions, it is an accelerated journey from insight to innovation.
Dates: 20 & 21 September 2018
Duration: 1 day, spread over two consecutive half days (1–5pm Thursday 20 September and 9am – 1pm Friday 21 September)
What will I learn?
- How to apply global foresight to your organisation
- How to apply this knowledge as innovation stimulus
- Use of practical insight and immersion techniques
- Seeding challenge and action for change in your community
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to leading practice in the practical application of global foresight
- Experience new tools, strategies and methods to stimulate innovation
- Understand the key shifts taking place and their implications
- Recognise emerging trends and associated opportunities
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and expertise
Learning takes place as a group of up to 24 participants and includes:
- Initial lecture and Q&A
- 2 x 3-hour workshop sessions
- Reflection and learning review
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in knowing more about the emerging future and in identifying significant innovation opportunities for them and their organisations through the application of leading edge techniques. Previous participants have included:
- Senior business leaders
- Policy makers and advisors
- Designers and entrepreneurs
- Research professionals
- Strategy leaders
Dr Tim Jones is a recognised expert in innovation, growth and futures. He is the author/editor of ten books and a regular speaker on innovation leadership, growth platforms and future trends. For over twenty-five years he has worked with many leading multinationals, governments and universities identifying emerging opportunities: A leader in collaborative programmes, Tim has made his name in helping organisations to see the world through a different lens and so reveal new areas for potential growth. An RCA alumnus, he has led major futures programmes for companies including Astra Zeneca, HSBC, IHG, Mars, Shell and Vodafone.
Register your interest to download the full course description.