Please upgrade your browser

For the best experience, you should upgrade your browser. Visit our accessibility page to view a list of supported browsers along with links to download the latest version.

Private Accommodation Providers

To find good accommodation in London, we highly recommend you visit different locations in the city. It is important that you view the room, flat or house you are renting from a potential landlord or agent before you pay any money to ensure that the accommodation offer is genuine. It is also very important you read the accommodation contract thoroughly before you sign and move in. 

This list is for information purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation from the College. 

Practical Resources 

  • University of London Housing Services 
    We cooperate with University of London Housing Services (ULHS), and as a RCA student you are entitled to use the services provided by ULHS. They provide a dedicated service which offers a range of services to assist and support students who are looking for and living in private accommodation.

The University of London offers Bed and Breakfast accommodation in six Intercollegiate Halls of Residence during term time as well as during the summer vacation. There is a minimum stay of two nights and prices start from £47 per night.

You can find all options here:

  • Shelter
    Provide expert advice on private renting and housing. 

Private Providers 

  • Zebra Housing Association Ltd
    Offers housing and support services for international students, couples and families.
    An independent marketplace, who specialise in helping international students find accommodation.
    Student Accommodation Search Engine, dedicated to student halls.
  • Goodenough College
    Provides residential accommodation in Central London for postgraduate students from all over the world.
  • Universal Student Living
    Making a reservation is only £5, which is included in the rent of these new refurbished flats. 
  • Urbanest Student Residences
    Independent organisation providing accommodation to students in London.
  • International Students House
    Residence for UK/EU and International students in London.
  • UNITE Students
    Providing student accommodation in London. 
  • Campus Living Villages
    Global student accommodation provider. 
  • Cass and Claredale 
    A not-for-profit organisation providing affordable term-time and summer accommodation in London.
  • Queen Alexandra's House
    (Right next door to the Kensington Campus). Women-only secure catered accommodation for students.
  • Lee Abbey
    Accommodation and community for students from around the world.
  • Liberty Living 
    Student Accommodation in London. 
  • More House
    Catered Hall of Residence for 75 full-time university students who have chosen to live together as a community. 
  • Vincent House
    Provides short and long term serviced accommodation in Notting Hill.
  • William Temple House
    Affordable non-profit hall of residence for full-time students in Earls Court, London.
  • iQ Hammersmith
    Luxurious student accommodation in the heart of Zone 2. (Book this room for the 2021/22 academic year using code HAMM200-031120 to receive £200 cashback. Minimum of 34-week tenancy contractsT&Cs apply.)
  • Ravenscourt House 
    Student accommodation in the Hammersmith area. 
  • Chapter
    Chapter provides student accommodation in London locations for UK/EU and international students.
  • Summer Accommodation at Imperial College London 
    Imperial College London has accommodation available in the summer. 
  • Scape
  • Student accommodation in London. 

Home stay

  • HFS London
    A British Council registered London Homestay Accommodation provider. 
  • Hosts International
    Provider of London homestay accommodation for hosting foreign students. Officially registered with the British Council.

Ad Hoc Guardians

  • Ad Hoc Guardians
    Provides low-cost accommodation to tenants who look after vacant properties such as flats, schools or offices.


Transit Short-Term and Emergency Accommodation

If you find yourself without accommodation when you first arrive, the London Tourist Board will be able to help you book a hotel or room. There are Tourist Information Centres all over London. 


Student Support 

+44 (0)20 7590 4140

[email protected]