Early stage start-ups accepted into the InnovationRCA start-up programme receive pre-seeds funds, membership of AngelClubRCA, business mentoring, access to workshops and office space at InnovationRCA in the Dyson Building, RCA Battersea.
Our standard offer:
- £10,000-50,000 investment from the RCA or the RCA Fund and membership of our Angel Investor network, AngelClubRCA
- Business plan and product coaching
- Masterclasses tailored to plug gaps in your knowledge and equip you with skills to grow your start-up
- Introductions to our industry networks and partners including accountants and lawyers
- Great publicity and PR opportunities
- Office space at InnovationRCA and continued access to RCA workshops
- Access to tools, contract templates and manufacturing database
Social Enterprise Funding
Wates Giving Social Enterprise Fellowships are awarded to start-ups with ideas or designs that address clear societal needs. These projects are selected from the pool of shortlisted start-ups who have applied to the start-up programme.
The RCA gets a small share in your start-up and this is dependent on the amount invested, but is generally around 5-8%. You will need to sign:
- A simple shareholders agreement which will work with any future investors
- A simple services agreement
- A simple AngelClubRCA agreement
In additions to our standard offer of seed funds, business mentoring, office space in the InnovationRCA incubator and access to the RCA workshops, successful applicants are invited to join the RCA's business angel network, AngelClubRCA.
The club connects angel investors to RCA start-ups and prepares them to pitch for SEIS/EIS seed investment. The club not only provides our graduate start-ups with additional finance, but also access to commercially experiences angels with valuable networks.
Start-ups joining AngelClubRCA get:
- Help with company formation
- Help with advance SEIS/EIS assurace
- Investment readiness training
- Free access to experienced investors