Coronavirus (Covid-19): Latest Information for all staff, students and applicants
Due to the evolving Covid-19 pandemic – all College buildings are closed until further notice. Student support and the development of online learning provision continue for all students.
Staff and students, please check the intranet regularly for updates and detailed information.
- RCA campus operations
- Answering student questions
- Answering staff questions
- Answering applicants questions
Latest advice on self-isolation if you have symptoms
Please follow the NHS advice for the latest information.
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
Stay at home for 14 days if someone in your household has these symptoms.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
If you do need urgent advice:
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 14 days
Use the 111 online coronavirus service. Only call NHS 111 if you cannot get help online.
If you do not have symptoms
The new government guidance announced on Monday 23 March says people should only leave their homes for one of four reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities such as food and medicine. Shopping trips should be as infrequent as possible
- One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk or cycle. This should be done alone or only with people you live with
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents' homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school
- Travelling to and from work, but only where work absolutely cannot be done from home
- Even when following the above guidance, people should minimise the amount of time spent out of their homes and should keep two metres (6ft) away from people they do not live with.
The UK Government is advising against ANY non-essential travel.
Please continue to refer to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s official guidance on travel