On this page
Investment Committee is a subcommittee of Planning & Resources Committee
Membership – up to seven
Independent Council members – (at least two)
Fields Wicker-Miurin (Chair), Chair of Planning & Resources Committee
Alan Leibowitz, Independent Council member
Dr Paul Thompson, Vice-Chancellor
Amanda White, Chief Financial Officer
Co-opted member(s) – at least one
Zioge Smith, College Secretary
Terms of membership
Appointment to the Investment Subcommittee is made by Council on the recommendation of the Nominations Committee. Independent members and co-opted members shall serve up to two terms of three years. In exceptional circumstances, a third and final term may be recommended by the Nominations Committee for approval by Council i.e for Council members, membership of Council committees or subcommittees is co-terminus with Council membership, unless otherwise agreed.
Three members, the majority of whom shall be independent members.
Terms of Reference
- To review and recommend the College’s Investment Policy to the Planning & Resources Committee for approval.
- Review and recommend a long-term investment strategy to meet investment objectives in the Investment Policy to the Planning & Resources Committee.
- Recommend the appointment or termination of investment consultants where appropriate to the Planning & Resources Committee.
- Recommend the appointment or termination of investment manager(s) to the Planning & Resources Committee.
- Agree the terms of appointment of investment consultants or managers including the level of portfolio management discretion, custody and dealing arrangements and fees.
- Monitor the long-term performance of the investment portfolio against the investment objective, ensuring compliance with the Investment Policy.
- Periodically review the fees paid and appraise value for money.
- To report investment performance to the Planning & Resources Committee.
Frequency of meetings
At least two per year.
1 February 2023, 10–11.30am
3 July 2023, 3–4.30pm
31 January 2024, 10–11.30am
8 July 2024 3–4.30pm