Early stage start-ups accepted into the Start-up Programme receive pre-seed funds, introduction to InnovationRCA Fund 1 Managers, membership of AngelClubRCA, business mentoring, access to workshops and office space at InnovationRCA in the Dyson Building, RCA Battersea.
Applications for the 2020 Start–up Programme are now closed.
The programme is run annually and is open to RCA students and alumni. So, don't worry if you didn't apply this year, we will be open to applications again next year.
Our standard offer:
- £10,000–100,000 investment from the RCA and/or InnovationRCA Fund 1 and membership of our Angel Investor network, AngelClubRCA
- Business plan and product coaching
- Endorsement for a Start-up Visa
- Masterclasses tailored to plug gaps in your knowledge and equip you with skills to grow your start-up
- Introductions to our industry networks and partners including accountants and lawyers
- Great publicity and PR opportunities
- Office space at InnovationRCA and continued access to RCA workshops
- Access to tools, contract templates and manufacturing database
The RCA gets a small share in your start-up; this is dependent on the amount invested and the market your company addresses. You will need to sign:
- A simple shareholders agreement which will work with any future investors
- A simple services agreement
- A simple AngelClubRCA agreement
In additions to our standard offer of seed funds, business mentoring, office space in the InnovationRCA incubator and access to the RCA workshops, successful applicants are also introduced to investors.
InnovationRCA Fund 1
This is an SEIS/EIS early stage investment fund, managed by Venrex Investment Management which invests in RCA start-ups.
The Club connects angel investors to RCA start-ups and prepares them to pitch for SEIS/EIS seed investment. The Club not only provides our graduate start-ups with additional finance, but also access to commercially experiences angels with valuable networks.