- 14 September 2023
- 1 minute
10 outstanding individuals are being awarded with Honorary Doctorates and Honorary Fellowships from the world’s leading art and design university in September 2023. These awards are the highest recognition the College can bestow upon an individual and they celebrate exceptional accomplishments. The 10 recipients will be awarded across three Convocation ceremonies which are being held over three days in September at the Royal Festival Hall and the Royal Albert Hall, alongside over 2,000 students graduating from the RCA in the fields of Design, Communication, Architecture and the Arts & Humanities.
Edward Enninful OBE said: “I am honoured to receive this doctorate from the Royal College of Art, an institution which has given so much to the creative community. Education is a privilege to be part of; it offers a robust and rewarding foundation for life and I am forever blown away by the talents of the people who pass through the doors here. To be welcomed into the RCA's history forevermore is a very special moment.”
Wayne McGregor CBE said: "The RCA - a world-leading, industry-defining institution (in the best city in the world) has nurtured an inspirational alumni, changing our creative, ethical, and political landscape daily. I feel extremely fortunate to be honoured today in their company. Many of my incredible collaborators have been RCA schooled: provocative, individual and divergent thinkers, always taking the unconventional path to rich new seams of the possible."
- Edward Enninful OBE, Editor-in-Chief, British Vogue
- Wayne McGregor CBE, Artistic Director, Studio Wayne McGregor
- Ian Griffiths, Creative Director, Max Mara
- Professor Dava Newman, Director, MIT Media Lab
- Vera Neubauer, Animator and Filmmaker
- Professor Lou Yongqi, Vice President,Tongji University
- Professor Terry Irwin, Director, Transition Design Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Eddie Opara, Partner, Pentagram
- Helen Protheroe, Executive Director, Global Partnerships and Philanthropy, Allen Institute
- Natasha Jen, Partner, Pentagram