Design Age Institute: Age, Agency & Joy
27 April 2021 | 9.30am 12pm
For this virtual event, the Design Age Institute (DAI) is bringing together designers, businesses, service-providers, researchers, policy-makers, and ageing humans to explore the power of design and design thinking to equip individuals and communities with the products and services needed to maintain agency and experience joy at every age.
Join us to share your opinions and experiences, and help shape and engage with our community as it starts up.
- Celebrate 30 years of Design Age thinking led by the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design (HHCD) at the Royal College of Art (RCA) with an introduction from the RCA's Vice-Chancellor Dr Paul Thompson and Lady Helen Hamlyn.
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of an ageing society with design and research experts from DAI partners including the National Innovation Centre for Ageing at Newcastle University (NICA), University of Oxford’s Institute of Population Ageing(OIPA), the International Longevity Centre (ILC) and Design Museum.
- Explore the enormous commercial potential of the longevity economy for businesses, entrepreneurs, service-providers and designers.
- Connect with the Design Age Institute's upcoming initiatives, events and activities including the launch of our national directory for design in healthy ageing; executive education opportunities; and public engagement programme at the design Museum.
- Get involved in our growing community for healthy ageing, diversity and inclusion.