This committee reports to Senate.
Chair: Corinne Smith, Director of Academic Development
Secretary: Maria Ohlson, Senior Registry Officer (Examinations & Assessments)
Corinne Smith, Director of Academic Development (Chair)
Dr Catherine Dormor, Head of Postgraduate Research Programmes
Trevor Pearce, Registrar
Rob Flattery, Recruitment Marketing Manager
Dr Eleanor Dare, Head of Programme, Digital Direction (until July 2022)
Professor Johnny Golding, Senior Tutor, Contemporary Art Practice (until July 2021)
Ian Higgins, Senior Tutor, Interior Design (until July 2020)
Dr Adrian Lahoud, Dean, School of Architecture (until July 2020)
Anne Toomey, Head of Programme, Textiles (until July 2020)
Jennifer Brown, Deputy Registrar (Information Systems)
One representative from the Student Support Office
Terms of office
Co-opted members of academic staff will serve on the committee for a maximum of three years; their term of office can be extended by a maximum of three years with mutual consent.
Terms of reference
- Considering proposals for the adoption of policies relating to the recruitment, admission, progression and examination of students, making recommendations to the Senate as appropriate;
- Receive and consider reports from Admissions Boards on the admission of students, acting on behalf of Senate where appropriate to approve decisions, reporting to Senate annually on the implementation of the College’s Admissions Policy, and considering requests to suspend the policy in exceptional circumstances;
- Receive and note reports on the progress of programmes towards achieving recruitment targets, reporting regularly on this progress to the Deans’ Group and Senior Management Team.
- Receive and consider reports from Interim Examination Boards, approving progression decisions on behalf of Senate, reporting to Senate annually on adherence to the College’s regulations for progression, and considering requests for concessions to these regulations in exceptional circumstances.
- Receive and consider reports from Final Examination Boards, awarding degrees on behalf of Senate, reporting to Senate annually on adherence to the College’s regulations for award, and considering requests for concessions to these regulations in exceptional circumstances.
- Receive reports from student appeal hearings, reporting to Senate annually on the implementation of the College’s Academic Appeals Policy.
- Receive reports from student misconduct hearings, reporting to Senate annually on the implementation of the College’s misconduct policies.
- To undertake such other functions as may be determined by the Senate.
This committee reviews the Academic Appeals Policy, Academic Misconduct Policy and Admissions Policy.
Frequency of Meetings
Seven times per year