Applications for the 2023 Start-up Programme are now closed.
The programme is run annually and is open to RCA students, graduates and alumni. So don't worry if you didn't apply this year, we will be open to applications again next year.
Early stage start-ups accepted into the InnovationRCA Start-up Programme receive pre-seed funding, introduction to Design & Impact Fund Managers, membership of AngelClubRCA, business mentoring, access to workshops and office space at InnovationRCA in the Rausing Research Building, Battersea South.
Our standard offer includes:
- £10,000–100,000 investment from the RCA and/or Design & Impact Fund
- Angel Investor network membership
- Business plan and product coaching
- Masterclasses tailored to plug gaps in your knowledge and equip you with skills to grow your start-up
- Introductions to our industry networks and partners including accountants and lawyers
- Great publicity and PR opportunities
- Office space at InnovationRCA and continued access to RCA workshops
- Access to tools, contract templates and manufacturing database
The RCA gets a small share in your start-up; this is dependent on the amount invested and the market your company addresses. You will need to sign:
- A simple shareholders agreement which will work with any future investors
- A simple service agreement
- A simple AngelClubRCA agreement
In additions to our standard offer of seed funds, business mentoring, office space in the InnovationRCA incubator and access to the RCA workshops, successful applicants are also introduced to investors.
IRCA Enterprise Ltd's Design & Impact S/EIS Fund
A new Design & Impact S/EIS Fund to back RCA start-ups, spinouts and alumni managed by Infinity Asset Management LLP.
The Club connects angel investors to RCA start-ups and prepares them to pitch for SEIS/EIS seed investment. The Club not only provides our graduate start-ups with additional finance, but also access to commercially experienced angels with valuable networks.