The Tony Snowdon Scholarship
The aim of The Tony Snowdon Scholarship is to give a small number of exceptionally talented disabled people an opportunity to achieve their true potential. If you are successful in your application, the Snowdon Trust will provide you with financial support and encouragement to help you excel in a Master's degree programme that will make a difference to both your own future and to the lives of others.
You can apply for an RCA Snowdon Scholarship if you:
- have an eligible disability*
- are eligible for the RCA UK or EU tuition fee rate
- hold an offer for any Master's programme in any discipline at the RCA
Disability – an impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on day-to-day activities and would have a significant impact on your opportunity to undertake study at the RCA.
Scope of eligible disabilities – physical disabilities, sensory impairments, autistic spectrum conditions and long-term health conditions such as MS, chronic fatigue, Lupus, Crohns Disease, Ulcerative Colitis.
Everyone is individual and each scholar will bring something different to our Scholarship programme. However, for this award our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- real passion for your creative subject of learning
- outstanding talent and originality in your chosen field which is recognised by others
- determination to succeed and to overcome obstacles
- potential to become a leader in your field and to set an example for others to follow
- strong desire to help improve the lives of others.
In order to support the successful candidates achieve their potential the RCA Snowdon Scholarship will provide:
- your Master's tuition fees for the whole two-year programme, plus
- a maintenance allowance of £15,000 per year for two years, towards your living costs while a student at the RCA.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this scholarship you first need to apply for a place on one of our MA programmes.
Once you have submitted your programme application, email [email protected] to register your interest in the scholarship by 20 November 2019. There is no need at this stage to provide any information other than your name, the programme you are applying to, and your applicant ID number. If you are successful in gaining a programme offer we will contact you by the end of January 2020 with a request for further information.
If you have any questions about this scholarship please contact the Student Support team on [email protected]