Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
The Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) is for individuals who have a certain type of British Nationality or are from certain countries. The YMS enables these individuals to live and work in the UK for a period of up to two years.
To be eligible for this visa you must be aged between 18 and 30 and from one of the following countries:
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
You can also apply if you are 18–30 and:
You can't apply if you have:
- children who live with you
- children you are financially responsible for
- already been in the UK under the scheme or the former 'working holidaymaker' scheme
How to apply
Applications must be made outside of the UK.
If you are a citizen of Hong Kong, Republic of Korea or Taiwan, you must obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) before you can apply.
You can apply for the CoS by following the relevant links provided on the Home Office website.
You must make your application within three months of obtaining the CoS.
Before making your application you should read the Tier 5 Policy Guidance carefully.
Applications for the Tier 5 YMS visa can be made online via the Home Office website.
In addition to completing the application form you will need to provide the following documents:
- passport/ID card
- a passport photograph
- a bank statement showing that you have £1,890
- your tuberculosis test result (if you are applying from a country that requires it)
- your CoS (if you are applying from a country that requires it)
How long can I stay in the UK
You will be given a visa to live and work in the UK for 24 months.
You cannot have your dependent(s) with you in the UK on this type of visa.
For further information please contact Student Support.