Please upgrade your browser

For the best experience, you should upgrade your browser. Visit our accessibility page to view a list of supported browsers along with links to download the latest version.

Tier 5 Temporary Worker (Creative and Sporting)

This visa allows employers to bring individuals to the UK on a temporary basis to undertake specific types of work. 


To be eligible to apply for this visa you will need to have a job offer and Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a licensed Home Office Tier 5 Sponsor.

In addition to this you will need to meet the eligibility criteria, as listed on the Home Office website.

How to apply

Applications must be made from outside the UK. It is not possible to switch into this category from within the UK.

Before making your application you should read the Tier 5 Policy Guidance carefully.

You will need to complete the online application form that can be found on the Home Office website

How long can I stay in the UK?

The visa will be issued for the duration of the temporary contract, up to 12 months. It may then be possible to extend for a further 12 months, if you continue to meet the eligibility criteria and remain with the same employer.


It is possible to have your dependent(s) with you in the UK with this visa.

Information on financial requirements and how to apply can be found on the Home Office website.


£225 (with an additional £225 for each dependent)

For further information, please contact Student Support.


Student Support Office
+44 (0)20 7590 4140
[email protected]


Home Office