Tier 2 (General) Worker
In order to switch into a Tier 2 visa from within the UK you must meet the following requirements:
- a Bachelor's, Master's, Postgraduate Certificate in Education or Postgraduate Diploma in Education issued from a HEI with a Tier 4 sponsor license, or
- have completed a PhD or at least 12 months of a PhD
- a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a company on the list of Tier 2 Home Office sponsors
- earn a minimum of £20,800 per year
- Be able to show that you have held a minimum of £945 in a bank account in your name for a period of 90 consecutive days prior to applying
How to apply
Before applying you should read the Tier 2 Policy Guidance carefully.
In order to switch into a Tier 2 visa in the UK you will need to complete either the online or paper application form on the Home Office website.
In addition to completing the application form, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- passport/ID card
- a passport photograph
- Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
- a degree certificate or transcript
- financial evidence as stated above
Decisions are usually made within eight weeks for online and postal applications.
How long can I stay in the UK
The visa will be issued for up to five years depending upon the length of your employment.
You can apply to extend for a further period of leave if you are still employed at the time of your visa expiring.
You can have your dependent(s) with you in the UK on a Tier 2 (General) Worker visa.
Information on financial requirements and how to apply can be found on the Home Office website.
Applying by post or online in the UK – £1,302
Applying via a in person premium appointment – £1,702
Applying by post or online in the UK – £1,302 (each person)
Applying via a in person premium appointment – £1,702 (each person)
For further information please contact Student Support.