Financial Help

Explore your funding options

The Royal College of Art is able to run a number of scholarship and bursary schemes thanks to the generosity of our donors. These scholarships offer a select number of students the opportunity to attend the College when their financial situation may have otherwise prevented them from doing so. In this section, you can find information about our schemes and how to be considered for them. 

There are also Government funded options for both our Master's degrees and for our Doctoral research programmes (for UK and currently EU students). This funding is provided via the Student Loan Company and details can be found in the tabs below. There are certain eligibility criteria to note, so it is very important to read the information in detail. 

Important Notices

15-month MA Postgraduate Loan

Our new 15 month MA programmes are eligible for the UK Government Postgraduate Loans; however, there are some important things to note. Please read our full guide carefully in the External Funding section below. 

MA Architecture Student Loans

The MA Architecture programme at the College is eligible for the Masters Loan from the Student Loan Company (see External Funding for further details, subject to personal eligibility). Please note, the programme does not attract undergraduate level student funding despite being a RIBA part 2 programme. If you have any further questions on this matter you should contact the Student Support team via

EU Students

The Government have confirmed that EU students starting two-year MA programmes in 2018 will be eligible for the Masters Loans from the Student Loan Company for both years of their course; providing that personal eligibility criteria are met. For more information see the External Funding section of this website. 

Financial Help