1. What is Registration?
Registration is the process by which you confirm your place as a student of the College. It includes:
- Checking of identification documents and visas
- Checking of previous qualifications
- Completing and signing the Registration Form
- Signing up for your Email account (if not already done through pre-student services)
- Receipt of your student ID card/security pass
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions of study
Once you are registered you become a student of the College. You must then complete enrolment, which involves payment of your tuition fee, and confirmation of your access rights in respect of IT, the Library and other College facilities. You may then commence your programme.
2. When and where does Registration takes place?
We are currently finalising the programme, but it is likely to take place on Monday 11 September at our Kensington site for research programmes and 15-month taught programmes, and across all three of our sites between Monday 2 October and Wednesday 4 October for our other programmes. Each programme will be given a one-hour slot across these dates for their students to complete the process.
3. Do I need to physically attend the College to register?
Yes. All students must attend in person so that we can check passports and confirm your identity. In addition, international students are required to attend as part of their visa conditions. International students must enrol in person each year, but Home/EU students may be able to enrol remotely.
4. What documents do I need to bring with me to Registration?
You will need to bring:
- Original proof of your degree – your degree certificate or a letter from the College. If you have supplied the College’s 'Form F' to your previous institution then you may wish to check, via email@example.com, that the College has received this form
- Your full passport. If you do not possess a passport then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm an acceptable alternative
- Students who require a visa to study in the UK must bring their visas and BRP cards to complete Registration. (If you haven’t yet collected your BRP card please bring your decision letter specifying your collection point.)
5. How much do I need to pay to complete Registration?
You will need to pay at least 50 per cent of your tuition fee for the year to complete Registration. There are a number of methods to complete payment, including the Worldpay online payment system. Further details are given on the back of the invoice which you will receive during August. Your total fee can be found on your invoice, offer letter or at Tuition Fees.
6. What if my fees are being paid by a sponsor or loan?
Please bring your letter confirming that your fees are to be paid from an alternative source. Students applying for a postgraduate loan from Student Finance England will still need to pay the fees themselves, as they will receive the money directly from Student Finance England. Please note that you remain personally liable for fees paid by a sponsor organisation; if they fail to pay your fees then you will need to pay them yourself.
If you are applying for a Professional Career Development Loan (PCDL) to pay your fees you should bring a copy of your loan application or confirmation documentation with you to Registration. You will be required to sign the student career development loan declaration to register. Please be aware that the loan will probably be released in several instalments over your two year registration period, rather than in one lump sum. This means that you will still have to pay some of your tuition fees each academic year.
For further information please see Loans for Study