Disruptive Global Innovation Masterclass
The RCA designed a unique two-day masterclass on Disruptive Global Innovation, led by Professor of Design Innovation Ashley Hall and Dr Laura Ferrarello.
33 delegates from Fudan EMBA, School of Management, Fudan University 复旦大学管理学院 China, all senior-level executives (managers and directors) from companies such as L’Oreal, YSL Cosmetics, China Mobile, Leo Burnett Shanghai and Ivy Capital, took part in a series of tailored workshops and lectures.
Design-led innovation workshop
The masterclass offered participants first-hand knowledge of applying design-led innovation to create new market value and transform existing industries.
The series of intensive workshops on design strategies included:
- pinpointing insights and opportunities
- idea generation and mapping innovation
- concrete innovation case studies emerging from the RCA
Keynote talks by industry experts
The RCA invited Esteban Palazzo, Principal Designer at McLaren Automotive, to deliver the keynote about his unique insights into design, innovation and technology at McLaren.
Other invited guest speakers were:
- RCA alumni Daniela Paredes Fuentes, Co-Founder & Director at Gravity Sketch
- Rodrigo Garcia Gonzalez Co-Founder & Co-CEO Notpla
They all gave very personal and insightful talks about their businesses, brand identity and tactics for engaging with customers, followed by Q&A and open discussion.
The masterclass exposed participants to an immersive experience, which included:
- Exclusive access to The Design Museum in London, with curator-led tour
- McLaren Senna GTR, extraordinary chance to interact directly with the car (designed by Esteban himself) and displayed at the RCA Kensington campus for the course.