Please upgrade your browser

For the best experience, you should upgrade your browser. Visit our accessibility page to view a list of supported browsers along with links to download the latest version.

Registration Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is Registration?

Registration is the process by which you confirm your place as a student of the College. It includes:

  • Checking of identification documents and, where relevant, English language documentation and any previous visas for study in the UK
  • Checking of previous qualifications
  • Signing up for your Email account (if not already done through pre-student services)
  • Acceptance of the terms and conditions of study

Once you are registered you become a student of the College. You must then complete enrolment, which involves payment of your tuition fee, and confirmation of your access rights in respect of IT, the Library and other College facilities. You may then commence your programme.

2. When and where does Registration takes place?

Registration will take place online for 21/22. Dates for registration are:

  • 15-month MA and MPhil/PhD - Research  From 6th September 2021 until 10th September 2021
  • 2-year MA and MRes – between 13th September 2021 until 24th September 2021
  • Graduate Diploma – the week prior to the specific January or July intake. 

Full details about your registration day will be sent to you approximately one month before registration takes place by the RCA Admissions team. You will be informed of your time by the Admissions team, together with a zoom link to enable you to complete the process.

3. Do I need to physically attend the College to register?

No. For 21/22 we have received confirmation that government regulations do not require registration to take place in person, and so we will register our students online. You will however need to attend your classes in person once your programme has started.

4. What documents do I need to bring with me to Registration?

The full list of documents you are required to supply will be provided to you by the RCA Admissions team. At a minimum you will need to supply:

Proof of your degree – you should upload a scan of your degree certificate or a letter from the College. If you have supplied the College’s 'Form B' to your previous institution then you may wish to check, via [email protected], that the College has received this form

A scan of the identity page of your passport. If you do not possess a passport then please contact [email protected] to confirm an acceptable alternative

Students who require a visa to study in the UK must supply scans of their BCP card alongside their entry clearance documentation once in the UK, shortly after registration. 

5. How much do I need to pay to complete Registration?

For all programmes other than the Graduate Diploma, you will need to pay at least 50 per cent of your tuition fee for the year to complete Registration. Graduate Diploma students must pay the full fee at registration. There are a number of methods to complete payment, including the Worldpay online payment system. Further details are given on the back of the invoice which you will receive during August. Your total fee can be found on your invoice, offer letter or at Tuition Fees.

6. What if my fees are being paid by a sponsor or loan?

Please supply a scan of your letter confirming that your fees are to be paid from an alternative source to [email protected], quoting your student ID. Students applying for a postgraduate loan from Student Finance England will still need to pay the fees themselves, as they will receive the money directly from Student Finance England. Please note that you remain personally liable for fees paid by a sponsor organisation; if they fail to pay your fees then you will need to pay them yourself.

If you are applying for a Professional Career Development Loan (PCDL) to pay your fees you should supply a copy of your loan application or confirmation documentation with you to the [email protected] email address, quoting your student ID number. You will be required to sign the student career development loan declaration to register.  Please be aware that the loan will probably be released in several instalments over your two year registration period, rather than in one lump sum.  This means that you will still have to pay some of your tuition fees each academic year.