I am building an infinitely customisable garment system, which is transformable, adaptable and innovative, allowing customers using less to express more. Fewer garments, but satisfying more demands, both in appearance and functionality.
Everything is produced and reproduced by individuals’ wills, so that variation and transformation have no end.
School of Design
MA Fashion Womenswear, 2019
My practice as a designer is mostly based on solving social problems, exploring the functionality and amplifying the performance of garments. Instead of making good looking garments, my works are more about innovating the process of producing, selling and wearing.
My MA project innovates a business model with the aim of enhancing individuality and sustainably, simplifying the wardrobe. An infinitely customisable garment system, which is transformable, adaptable and iterative, allowing customers using less to express more.
- BA Fashion Design, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, 2016
- Activation Liquid, PR assistant, 2014–2016; VeecoZhao Studio, design assistant, 2013–2014
- 'The Start of A Long Journey', The Ancestral Temple, Beijing, 2016; 'Between' Sino-Korean exchange exhibition, CAFA, Beijing, 2014; 'DHUB', 798, Beijing, 2014; 'The living paper' Sino-French exchange exhibition, ENSAD, Paris 2013
- Outstanding Graduates of CAFA, 2016; First Prize of Excellent Graduation Design of CAFA, 2016; The Most Creative Award of 'China chic' Global Menswear Design Competition, 2016; Silver medal of 'GENIAL' Artificial Fur Fashion Design Content, 2015
- The first Chinese formal dress design academic seminar, Center for Chinese Ritual Studies, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- 'Dark Matter', published in 'The Start of a Long Journey', 2016, CAFA Excellent Graduation Works Collection", 2016; 'Totem', publishedion 'Fashion Designer Magazine', 2015; 'Shadow', published in 'Between', 2014