Xingchen explores the concept of Tension and observes the static and dynamic, combination and separation from nature. She transforms the natural landscape into geometric patterns and explores the possibilities of knitted fabrics by using the combination of natural and unconventional yarns. Xingchen seeks different colours and texture combinations, to express power and vitality.
School of Design
MA Textiles, 2019
- BA Fashion Design, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology, 2016
- Intern, Sadiewilliams, London, 2018
- Bradfordtextilesociety, Dye House Gallery, Bradford, 2019; Royal College of Art and Priestmangoode, Priestmangoode Studio, London, 2018
- The bradfordtextilesociety Competition, The Woolmark Company, 2019; The Clothes of King, The bradfordtextilesociety Competition, 2019; BA graduation collection, Beijing Fashion Week, 2016; 18th Dashi Award, China, 2016; Graduation collection was collected by China National Silk Museum, 2016
- Xingchen’s work was featured by Knitting Industry, https://www.knittingindustry.com/creative/work-in-progress-show-at-the-rca/