My-Diet: A system that enables personalised diets based on a direct connection between meal data and individual requirements to promote a healthier lifestyle in the urban city.
My-Diet targets young people who want to control body weight, in university canteens or other popular chain restaurants. Often, they do not understand the food data (nutrition, calorie and ingredients) of each meal, making it difficult to choose a suitable diet for their real requirements.
I propose My-Diet, a direct connection between the Meals Data Library in the Canteen and User's Individual Requirements. This enables users to access the data related to each meal more easily and to have a better control over their diet balance.
The canteen can share the relevant data to users and help them choose a suitable diet. The suggested portion of each chosen meal sent to the user can be visualised on personal meal boxes. These meal boxes can then be used by the canteen staff as scale measurements to give each user specific portions of different types of food.
Based on My-Diet, users would be able to directly connect with various restaurants to create healthier eating habits based on personalised diets.
School of Design
MA Innovation Design Engineering, 2016
+44 (0)7843 150104
I have six years of design experience in product design, engineering design and design thinking. I have been accumulating my design ability from various perspectives – learning from school, working experience and design competitions.
Through my studies on the Innovation Design Engineering programme in Royal College of Art and Imperial College London, I was able to gain the necessary knowledge and skills required for innovative thinking, prototype design. Before joined IDE, I graduated with a distinction in product design. I have accumulated computer skills, experience in prototype making, sketching and familiarity with video making.
My working experiences include Philips Design, TekTao Design Studio, Blick Art Studio. By now I have participated in lots of company projects and freelances in different countries including UK, America, Denmark, Russia and China, which help me a lot about individual thinking and team working.
Apart from work experiences I had also won various design competitions such as IF Concept Design Awards, beeninvited to exhibit in galleries, for example Story Telling in London Business School, Construct the Future in Hoxton Gallery, Imperial Festival. I had also patented three of my products so far and had got a distinction for my dissertation researching on music for the deaf.
As a designer, the key word of my personality is connection. In my design works I like connecting item and item; item and people;people and people. I am very interested in human-centered design and team collaboration with members from various backgrounds.
- Exchange student in Industrial Design,Technical University of Denmark, 2013 ; BA Industrial Design, Jiangnan University, 2014
- Product Design Freelance, Blick Art Studio, Mark Pen Design, 2016; Product designer/ front end researcher, Philips Design SH, 2016; Product design freelance, Danyu, Shanghai, 2015; Service designer/ interaction designer, TEKTAO, 2013; Product Designer, Upspring Design Studio, /2012
- Project MURA, Imperial College London, 2016; Project MURA- RCA WIP(working in process) Show 2016; Emotional Air for Body, Story Telling at London Business School; Emotional Air for Body, The 2015 Imperial Festival Exhibition; Foggy Light, Taihu International Industrial Design Expo, 2013; Foggy Light, Wenzhou Fashion Design Exhibition, 2013
- Gold Award, Jiangsu Province ID Competition, 2015; DJI UAV Developer For Future 2015; IF Concept Design Award, 2014; Best Design Graduate Prix, 2014; Gold Awards in Creative Hangzhou ID Competitio,n 2011; Excellent Prize Gree ID Design Competition 2012; Bronze, Dongguan International ID Competition
- The Culture of Scandinavia and the Beauty of Scandinavian Design, Beauty and Time, July 2012; The First Station of Design Traveling- Denmark Design, Design Magazine, August 2013