Claiming Earth - lost in the scale of anthropocentrism
Claiming Earth - lost in the scale of anthropocentrism is an investigation into the relation between man and earth in the modern western society. Humans have a mesmerizing impact that mostly is beyond comprehension. This research project focuses on the vast scales of colonisation and excavation on a horizontal and vertical scale. Through mixed media storytelling it outlays the ungraspability of scale and absurdity of land ownership.
School of Communication
MA Information Experience Design, 2018
+44 (0)7392 972779
Vivian is a research artist and designer with a multimedia practice focussing on the complexity of the anthropocentric era.
- BA Product Design, ArtEZ University of Arts, 2015
- Intern Designer, Thought Collider, Amsterdam , 2014
- Common Ground, Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, 2017; Orlando: The Queer Element, Knole House, Kent, 2017; Big Deal no7, Leicester Square Carpark, London, 2017; Contemporary Phenomena, InScience Film Festival, Nijmegen, 2016; Behind the Screens, Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, 2015; Innovate Arnhem, Arnhem, 2015; We Fake It, Valade Gallery CCS Taubmen Centre, Detroit, 2015
- Bio Art & Design Award Shortlist, 2017; Generate '15, Energy Academy Europe Shortlist, 2015; Blooom Award by Warststeiner Shortlist, 2015; Solar Energy Challenge by Gelderland Valoriseert (1st prize), 2014
- My Atomic Body, Food&... Nuclear War, Issue 3, 2018, p.10-13; Seaweed Suckers, Frame 106 Hospitality, Sep/Okt 2015, p.76