Thomas Peter James
The Royal College of Fungi
The RCF is an education model based on the principal functions of the mycorrhizal network.
The aim is to create an alternative strategy to higher education by using the neighbour-sensing model for generating new interactions within social infrastructures.
The RCF aims to create a new kind of interaction with students and to change the relationship between students and institution.
The RCF believes that the natural sciences could inform the social sciences, starting with education.
School of Communication
MA Information Experience Design, 2018
+44 (0)7378 224226
I'm a fine artist/designer who works in the field of bio-design.
My recent project The Royal College of Fungi attempts to challenge current relationships between educational institutions and students by proposing an education model based on mycorrhizal network (fungal networks).
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Oxford Brookes University; Foundation in Art and Design, UWTSD
- Bronze cast technician, Lockbund Foundry, Banbury, 2016
- Palazzo Ca' Zanardi, Venice, 2016; Food Futures, London, 2017; Information Experience Design, Jerusalem, 2018; Hello Tomorrow Summit, Paris, 2018
- Animal-Computer Interaction, The Open University, Milton Keynes
- Anna Marks, Sciart Magazine, OVERVIEW: Innovative student exhibition tackles the future of food at the Royal College of Art, 2017