School of Humanities
MA Painting, 2016
+44 (0)7468 460314
By exploring the boundaries between the internal and external experiences, I see my painting as a place in which the invisible can be seen, the intangible can be touched, and the silence can be heard. It has a sensation that can be perceived in silent contemplation, moving to the realms of the “underworld,” which is a perspective more than a place, and reaching “the unseen” that exists beneath or between the layers of what is perceptible. In this sense, what is absent, rather than what is visible here right now, is important in my work. Because it is actually what is in there.
Absence is hidden presence.
Emptiness is an invisible fullness.
Visible is the echo of invisible.
Shadow suggests the hidden existence.
Things we can see in the darkness sometimes become invisible in the light.
- BFA Fine Art, Slade School of Fine Art, University College London, 2012
- Visiting artist, Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, London, 2016; The SÍM Residency, The Association of Icelandic Visual Artists, Reykjavík, 2015; Media exposure (Use of Artwork as Set Dressing in a Film), Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel Studios, USA, 2015
- Solo Exhibition, Project Gallery, Arundel, 2016; The 5th Bath Open Art Prize (Fringe Arts Bath Festival), 44AD Artspace, Bath, 2016; Notes.app, Dyson Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2016; Stewarts Law RCA Secret, Royal College of Art, London, 2016; RCA Secret Dubai, Mina A'Salam, Dubai, 2016; OPIA (SÍM Artists in Residence Group Exhibition), SÍM Gallery, Reykjavík, 2016; Things That Matter; Emotional Intelligence in Research, Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2015; RCA Secret Dubai at Art Dubai, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, 2015; Stewarts Law RCA Secret, Royal College of Art, London, 2015; Work-In-progress Show: Open House, Royal College of Art, London, 2015; The Maltings by Art-Links, The Maltings Business Centre Museum, Hertfordshire, 2013; The Pink Handkerchiefs Present, Black Velvet, London, 2013; Beneath the Streetlight by Sink Art, Kerry Taylor Auctions Gallery, London, 2013; Absence Versus Presence, Frameless Gallery, London, 2013; Open Art Competition, Radcliffe & Newlands, London, 2012; Slade School of Fine Art BA/BFA Degree Show, Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, London, 2012; New End Art Foundation: Exhibit, New End Art Gallery, London, 2012; Artist's Presentation and Fundraiser by New End Art Foundation, Shoreditch Town Hall, London, 2012; Waiting for New Painter (Rising Artist Competition), Art People Gallery, Seoul, 2012; Da Saek Da Gam, Artspace H, Seoul, 2011; Young Artist From ASYAAF Part.1, Gallery D'OR, Seoul, 2011; ASYAAF (Asian Students and Young Artists Art Festival), Hongik Museum of Art, Seoul, 2011; Emergent Art Show by Platform C, Vyner Street Gallery, London, 2011; The Big Painting Project, Woburn Square Slade Research Centre, London, 2011
- Shortlisted, Chadwell Award, London, 2016; Shortlisted, Open Art Competition, Radcliffe & Newlands, London, 2012; Winner, Steer Memorial Prize for Outstanding Performances in Painting, Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, London, 2011
- Saatchi Art’s Best of 2014, Saatchi Art, Los Angeles, 2014; 21 Emerging Artists to Buy Now (Saatchi Art’s Top 21 Rising Stars), Saatchi Art, Los Angeles, 2014; INVEST IN ART PART III, Saatchi Art, Los Angeles, 2014; Waiting for New Painter ART PEOPLE Rising Artist Competition Catalogue, Art People Gallery, Seoul, 2012; ASYAAF (Asian Students and Young Artists Art Festival) Catalogue, The Chosunilbo Daily, Seoul, 2011