Ssu Kai Liao
Through textile's biomimicry, a single material can provide multiple functions, displaying simultaneously soft, flexible and robust textures. One product can be applied by one material property without composites. This will dramatically reduce the recycling cost of current multi-material products.
This multi-functional single material can efficiently boost our recycling industry without relying on a separation process. Its obvious benefits in the recycling cycle include:
- to conserve natural resources
- to enhance the sustainability of landfill
- to save energy and the reduction in greenhouse gases and pollution that result
- to reduce the cost of the recycling process
School of Design
MA Innovation Design Engineering, 2015
+44 (0)7858 548614
For 28 years, I lived in a traditional and friendly city, Tainan, Taiwan. There are plenty of unique elements, such as snacks, buildings and culture, which inspired me to develop my design skills. According to our culture, love, friendship and family are the core of my design. Hence, in the name of love, my design thinking establishes the bridge between people and products. This idea can allow people to realize the true meaning of design and to enjoy it. Alternatively, I will study in London to improve my creativity and skills for the next 2 years. Due to different impacts of culture, my desire is to be a good designer who provide a fecund ground where I take root and thrive.
Being a good designer is my dream: I hope that I can use design to help people, via love, and facilitate their lives to be more interesting than before. Without love, our lives will be empty; without love, everything will be lifeless.
- BA Physics, Chung Yuan Christian University, 2008
- Fashion design internship, Apu Jan, London, 2014–15; Internship, Loop.PH Design Studio, London, 2014
- Core77 Design Award, 2012; D&AD Student Award, 2011