Looking at the idea of transformation my work blends the stark realism of daily routine with the escapism offered by the imagination.
Inspired by British folklore, regional dialect, nostalgic childhood memories, 'norm core' wardrobe staples and 'humdrum' suburban landscapes, my collection seeks to find happiness and a cause for celebration in the mundane.
Off-beat fabric compositions and vivid colour stories are mixed with super simple denims and marled jerseys to create a collection of menswear fashion fabrics that question taste and highlight our ever changing perceptions of what a luxury fashion fabric is and can be.
School of Design
MA Textiles, 2015
- BA Textile Design, University of Brighton, 2012
- Internship, Holly Fulton, London, 2014; Fabric sourcing assistant, River Island, London, 2013; Internship, Julian J Smith, London, 2011; Internship, Jenny King Embroidery, Brighton, 2010; Internship, Dobert Textile Group, Barcelona, 2010
- The Crypt Gallery, London, 2012; Première Vision, Indigo Salon, Paris, 2012
- Prize, The Worshipful Company of Weavers Stuart Hollander Memorial Scholarship Award, 2014; Prize, Texprint Award, 2012
- Open Lab Magazine, Issue 8, 2013