Sara Pagani Periti
CESB Collapsible Emergency Spinal Board
CESB is a collapsible, easy to assemble and radio-transparent spinal board, with high performances dealing with different temperatures.
Just to clarify, a spinal board is a piece of medical equipment that is needed every time a stretcher is used to secure the body of the injured to a rigid structure.
It had been designed to be used in Mountain Rescue, for the Army in war places, in construction sites, and for the Red Cross Teams.
School of Design
MA Design Products, 2018
+44 (0) 7706251701
I am Sara, a Product and Furniture Designer, currently finishing my MA in Product Design focusing on Designing for Manufacture, at the Royal College of Art in London.
If I have to define my idea of design I would say it is ‘an act of communication’, while usability and testing are fundamentals in my process. As a designer, my aim is to connect with people and create distinct, heart-warming and purposeful experiences through them.
- First Class Hons BA Product and Furniture Design, Kingston University, 2016
- Working with Soccorso Alpino Belluno Dolomiti, to design a new mountain rescue spinal board, 2017/2018; Worked with Werkraum & Tischlerei Bereuter to design a piece of furniture for the Vienna Design Week and the Hamburg Design Week, http://dccd.show/objects/silhouette-family.html, 2016/2017; Worked with Tate Enterprises to design souvenirs for the museum’s shops, 2016/2017; Product Development and Technical Support: Making Assistant, for Open Food Project, 2017; University live project for Wrong.London, 34 Queen Anne’s Gate, London, SW1H 9AB, 2015; University live project for Accoya, Accsys Group, 2-19 Lancaster Place, London, WC2E 7EN, 2014
- Crafting Design Designing Craft, Vienna Design Week, Vienna, 2017; Crafting Design Designing Craft, Hamburg Design Week, Hamburg, 2017
- Patent Support, Innovation RCA, 2018
- CSH, 2016 Graduates Ones to Watch, Blueprint 348, 2016, p.94