Ryan Jongwoo Choi
Product to allow people to more mindfully consider food groups and portion sizes
School of Design
MA Innovation Design Engineering, 2016
+44 (0)7907 501879
Ryan Jongwoo Choi is an Industrial Designer who has built strong communication skills; in verbal collaborative work, though sketching, 3D prototyping as well as software and hardware engineering capabilities. He respects and values diverse opinions and expertise from his collaborators, seeing this as the strongest way to design products which will be truly useful and valuable to people. He has extensive experience working in design consultancies as well as for in-house design teams in consumer electronics, furniture and automotive industry, this has exposed him to a variety of different cultures and systems.
Currently, he is working as a senior designer at McLaren and is mainly focused on driving innovation across Public Transport, Automotive, Motorsport, and Health industries. Ryan is also acting as an International design award jury panel and lecturing at university based in UK/Korea.
- BA Product Design, Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, University of Arts London
- Design internship, LG Electronics, Weybridge, 2015; Rock Galpin Design Studi, London, 2011
- Reddot Design Museum, Singapore, 2015; New Designers Exhibition, London Business Centre, 2013; The Design Museum, London, 2015
- First prize, IF design Concept Award, Germany, 2016; Reddot Concept Design award, Singapore, 2015; Finalist, IDEA USA, 2015; First prize, IF Design Concept Award, Germany, 2013; Pin UPP Concept Design Award Grand Prize, Korea, 2013; Pin UPP Concept Design Award, Korea; D&AD Student Design award Nomination, UK, 2012; Finalist, Electrolux Design Lab Competition, Sweden, 2012; Third prize, Spark International Design Award, USA, 2012; Finalist, IDEA, USA, 2012; Third prize, GADA Global Age-friendly Design Award, Singapore, 2010
- Zhang Lei, Product Sketchbook: Idea, Process and Refinement, p 208, 2015,; Irene Alegre, Star Product Designers: Prototypes, Products, and Sketches from the World's Top Designers, p. 421, 2013