Rosana Antoli Gisbert
Endless Dance: Everything is eternal, until it isn't
School of Humanities
MA Sculpture, 2015
+44 (0)7475 097785
My practice combines performance, moving image and drawing. I am an artist that specialises predominantly in fictionalised narratives in relation to different materials, and currently I am experimenting with choreography and dance.
My work is focused on the intersection of art, politics and everyday life, and how to reveal the hidden choreographic commands that structure the everyday, in order to resist the imposition of behaviours, acts and motions. The utopian character is central to my practice, and consequently the failure and absurdity of the actions involved.
- BA Fine Art, University Politecnica de Valencia, Facultad de San Carlos, Spain, 2005
- Caryl Churchill Theatre, Royal Holloway, A matter of Logical Contradiction, Dance Economies Symposium, 2015; Museum Delf Open Night, Continuaction, Curator: Nina Vots, Delf, Netherlands, 2015; DA2 Museum, Contemporary Drawing Collection DKV, Curator: Alicia Ventura. Salamanca, Spain, 2014.; No ha lugar, CCEC, Córdoba, Argentina, 2014; CA2M Museum, Contarlo todo sin saber como, Curated by Martí Manen, Madrid, Spain, 2012
- Gasworks International Fellowship, London, UK, 2015; Shortlisted for the International Emerging Artist Award, Dubai,United Arab Emirates, 2014; AECID, Centro Cultura España en Córdoba Residence and Exhibition,Argentina, 2014; EAC XXIII Contemporary Art Prize, Museum of Alicante, Spain, 2014
- Box27, Casal Solleric Museum, Curator: Tolo Canelles, Palma, Spain, 2014; Smell like teen spirits, Homo Ludens Talk, Curated by Liminal GR, Antic Teatre Barcelona, Spain, 2014
- 30dii, Art Book Curated by Reno Nyx, Netherlands, 2015; PAREIDOLIA, my first Graphic Novel, Ponent Edicions, Spain, 2015