Rita WenLing Huang
Physics, 'knowledge of nature'. In physics, any influence causes an object to experience a certain change called force. I look into our daily forces such as friction, tension, and elastic force to study these invisible forces. Eventually, I explored the property of foam that is usually used for protection, F-Light. Using pressure to deform its shape, using friction to control its movement, and connecting all vessels to light it up.
School of Design
MA Design Products, 2014
'If you're not curious, give up. If you're not interested in other people, in what they do and and how they act, then the designer's life is not for you.'
- Achille Castiglioni
Design for me is a serial event of discovering things that I don't know and solving problems. Every decision is a design and, no matter what the shape is, the material, process or concept, I try to balance all of these elements perfectly.
- BA Industrial Design, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, 2010
- Product design internship, Tokyo Design Centre, Tokyo, 2012; Product Design Internship, Jagwire Company, Taichung, Taiwan, 2009
- DMY International Design Festival, Berlin, 2012; Taiwan Young Designers' Exhibition, Taipei, 2010
- Bronze Award, Taiwan Young Designers' Exhibition, 2010
- 'The Study of the Relationship between Typical Distortion Product and User Emotion', Third Asian Conference on Arts & Humanities, IAFOR Japan, 2012