Work "Speculative Acceleration" addresses the now and the here but also looks at tomorrow and considers the past. The multitudes of life. The life of the person, the life of photography and their fragileness to change. The production of knowledge, photographic and anthropological. Experience and death. Where all things die, some die slower. Knowledge can be built, invented and reinvented for centuries just to be discarded in “seconds”, mere decades. In the work; hand knitting tradition is in juxtaposition to the digital pixel embedded on to the analog paper. Two subjects blur the boundary of the “real” while they both interchange with the depicted subject being portrayed in the photographs. The computer, the darkroom, the crash of the two. That crash. The crash of the “controlled reality tests”of real-life simulations in laboratory conditions, of the pain and the change that an individual experiences going through a change of its reality, expectations, in a car crash.
Where new positions, new angles towards now and tomorrow are being produced instantly. Here is where the life of an individual and the life of the image, come closer together, our personal images of the future become mere seconds of thoughts and with any luck in the process they open the way towards new images. Same as the photograph and its history, where every new position, way of interpreting and creating new worlds goes through the similar renaissance of thoughts and where with every new advancement of the photograph, technology and data move towards the new position of the image in society, medium and space. Photography prevails, finds new ways of living and continues on with the burden of the past but also with all the knowledge that preceded this moment of change.
School of Humanities
MA Photography, 2017
+44 (0)7999 481366
- BA Cinematography, University of Zagreb, Academy of Dramatic Art, 2011
- Freelance photographer, freelance photographic assistant. 2008–ongoing
- Here And Now, Gallery Sira, Zagreb, Croatia, 2016; OFF Print, Tate Modern, London, UK, 2016; Work in progress, Royal College of Art, London, UK, 2016; Erste Fragments X, Barrel Gallery, Zagreb, Croatia, 2014; New Names, Ulupuh Gallery, Zagreb, Croatia, 2013; Performative as an exhibition, Duke’s Palace, Zadar, Croatia, 2012; Photography of Industry, Zagreb City Museum, Zagreb, Croatia, 2012; A Personal Gaze at Mutual Space, SI FEST, Savignano sul Rubicone, Italy, 2012; Santorini Biennale of Arts, Pyrgos, Santorini, Greece, 2012; Erste Fragments 8, Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Rijeka, Croatia, 2012; Erste Fragments 8, Museum of Contemporary art, Zagreb, Croatia, 2012; Rovinj Photodays, Duke’s Palace, Rab, Croatia, 2011; Rovinj Photodays, Multimedia Center, Rovinj, Croatia, 2011; Zagreb Neighbourhoods, Zagreb City Museum, Zagreb, Croatia, 2011
- Nominated: Plat(t)form 2017, Winterthur, Switzerland, 2017; Fine Art bursaries Award, Royal College of Art, London, 2016; Shortlisted: (first round) European Photography Award, 2016; The Frankopan Fund Award, Croatia, 2016; Erste Fragments 8, Purchase of works, Zagreb, Croatia, 2012; Rovinj Photodays, Finalist in the category of Architecture, Croatia, 2011
- Book; 10 Contemporary Croatian Photographers, IKON Foundation, 2017, New York