Triba Learning Platform
'Personalised Learning' has been deemed as one of the main forces that will take education into the twenty-century. All educational agendas announced in UK since 2004 endorse the concept of personalisation.
It is about putting learners in the centre of the learning as an active participants where tailored pedagogy, curriculum and learning environments are provided for them.
The theory is put in practice at various types of schools in the EU, US and other parts of the world, mostly more specialise, private schools, but what about main stream schools?
The goal of my final project is to design a learning platform that provides a cost-effective personalised learning solution to secondary schools in UK.
Among many approaches in achieving personalised learning, I have chosen the adaptive learning which takes a technology and data-driven approach to the agenda of personalised learning.
The approach specifically looks at the role technology and data play in enabling learning solutions to adapt the presentation of educational material according to students' learning needs, as indicated by their responses to questions and tasks.
The platform will enable students to;
- collaborate with each other
- be able to monitor their progress and assess themselves
- have access to more relevant, suitable learning material
- and eventually turn them into confident self-learners.
School of Design
MA Service Design, 2014
07857 029035+82 (0) 1028940692
Educated as a visual designer, I had been working as a UX designer for companies in various industries including marketing, design consulting and manufacturing for 12 years before I joined the MA Service Design programme at the RCA.
I have chosen to study service design because of my belief that the scope of the act of 'design' is changing from focused and tangible to systemic and intangible, and the role of designers from crafting solutions to facilitating design processes.
Two years in the programme has taught me how to prepare myself for those changes, and now I will embark another journey to bring learning to life.
- BFA, Visual Communications, The George Washington University, 1997
- Senior user experience designer, Samsung Electronics, Seoul; UI team leader, Daum Communications, Seoul; Design team leader, eMotion, Seoul; Senior designer, MHI Communications, Washington, DC
- First Prize, Metropolitan ADDY, 2000; Finalist, New York Festival, 2003; Finalist, IF Communications, 2006