Mine De Rien
The objective of Mine De Rien is to design an alternative composite solid fuel that could be more beneficial (environmentally, financially, socially) to the coal-stove user, by re-valuating different coal ranks in the domestic space.
Mine de Rien is constituted of two elements:
- The physical log: an upgrade of what can be found on the market, in term of aesthetic and composition. The composite log combustion releases a significantly smaller amount of CO2 and particles limiting local air pollution.
- A new labelling system responding to a need for accurate energy quantification in order to gauge better domestic consumption. The log can be commercialised as rational fuel, and be sold as an amount of tangible energy.
Mine de Rien is an upgrade of what the coal and log market offers, sitting in the context of clean-coal low-tech transition and energy-price-crisis reality.
School of Design
MA Innovation Design Engineering, 2015
+44 (0)7845 581145
I am a polyvalent designer, creator and maker with a natural curiosity, and a strong method and analytic skills. Over the years, I have built a strong design culture that helps me to find my inspiration and guide my design aesthetic.
Because of my background in model-making, I always try to translate my design thinking into three dimensions, using different ‘raw’ materials, such as coal or concrete, but always keeping in mind the finesse and visual language of the final piece.
- BA Product Design, Central Saint Martins School of Art & Design, 2013; Model Making Course, Lycée Leonard De Vinci, 2010
- Design internship, Thuasne, Paris, 2014; Design internship, Blocks Wearables LTD, London, 2014; Model maker, Bethan Laura Wood, London, 2012; Prototyping maker, AP PROTO, Lyon, 2010; Design internship, Segula Technologies, Lyon, 2008
- Year Here!, Collective Hub Camden, London 2015; Imperial Science Festival, Imperial College, London 2014; Peace of Design Exhibition, Peres Centre for Peace, Tel-Aviv 2014; Rio Tinto Sport Innovation Challenge Exhibition, Imperial College, London 2014; New designers, Business Design Centre, London 2013
- Central Saint Martins Scholarship Award, 2012; Student Starpack Award, 2012; Student Starpack Award, 2012
- Pssst The Speaker: Why I speak out series at the Pick Me Up Festival, 2015