Jennifer Lyn Morone
Jennifer Lyn Morone, Inc
This project is set in reality, where I am both the subject and orchestrator, adopting capitalist mentality and corporate strategy and applying them to the individual for self-exploitation. This is to challenge how far capitalism can go, the extent that privacy is being invaded, and questions what is the value of a human in relation to society and as a data generating organism.
Jennifer Lyn Morone, Inc is both a critical representation of capitalist society today and an attempt to solve the current issues surrounding data markets and the ownership of information.
By incorporating myself as a person I fill the roles of founder, CEO, shareholder and product of Jennifer Lyn Morone, Inc. This allows me to make every aspect of who I am, my identity, and the data I generate into profitable goods and services.
My individual existence is broken down into mental, physical, biological or personality services to capitalise on. While, at the same time, I apply the same methods of data collection used by companies and governments to tap into my myself as a resource. This makes the data I create property of Jennifer Lyn Morone, Inc. By collecting as much information about myself as possible I am able to investigate the incentives of this multi-billion pound industry and try and become a player in the data market.
School of Design
MA Design Interactions, 2014
My practice cannot be comfortably categorised as I switch between the roles of artist, designer and entrepreneur to effectively blur the boundaries that normally divide these. My research revolves around philosophy, corporate strategy, legalese, and data acquisition through modern technologies.
- BFA Sculpture, Purchase College, State University of New York, USA, 2001; Diploma in French, La Sorbonne, 2003
- Materials researcher & consultant, Mike LaVigne, Berlin, 2011-12; Designer, Coeus Solutions, Berlin, 2012; Sculptor consultant, Anetta Mona Chisa & Lucia Tkacova, Berlin, 2012; Designer, MicroEnergy International, Berlin, 2011; Interior designer, Self, Nice FR, 2010-11; Futurist designer, Raumtaktik, Berlin, 2009-11; Metal chaser, Pourhouse Foundry, Los Angeles, USA, 2008-9; Researcher & editor, EcoMattersDaily, Los Angeles, USA, 2009; Sculptor assistant, Gregory Ryan, Paris, 2003-8
- Boesner Art Award, Märkischen Museum, Witten, 2013; Spectral Throw, Homebase, Berlin, 2012; Seitenlichtsaal : Raumproduktion, Kunsthalle Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, 2011; Greenhouse, Homebase, Berlin, 2011; Future Minds Award, Smart Urban Stage, Berlin, 2010; Re-Tooling Residencies, A.I.R. Lab, CCA, Warsaw, 2009; Re-Tooling Residencies, Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, 2009
- 'Technologically Becoming', Agency: Some Texts On An Exhibition, Foundation & Trust, Fleming Collection, 2013
- Sabine Burbaum-Machert, Boesner Art Award, 2012; Karoline Fesser, 'Echoes of Man', The Making of Design, Form, 234, 2010