Israel Ninsaw Gbati
School of Design
MA Global Innovation Design, 2017
+44 (0)7491 265055
I am a child, a child of the cosmos,like you. Made of the same chemically active element in the universe- hydrogen,oxygen,carbon,and nitrogen like you. Like you, I am made of stardust. Like you, I am biologically connected to all living things in the world, chemically connected to all molecules on earth and atomically connected to all atoms in the universe.
Like you, I am a product of one out of millions of sperm cells and an ovary which was gifted the chance to later partake in a conscious beginning and embark on a conscious journey.
My life started in Ghana, West Africa. After High School, i moved to Beijing,China where I studied Mechanical Engineering and Automation,I did extensive research in soft-robotics and embedded hardware development. I felt studying design while maintaining my engineering fundamentals will tremendously increase my problem solving ability, thus i joined one of the best design schools in the world. During the course of my study, I have had the the chance to study in Tokyo and New York also, I still maintain exposure is the best form of education.
Over the past year, one particular thing has been on my mind. Why is it that we as a species have the ability to prevent some of the things that cause our premature death or permanent disability yet we fail to do so ? Did you know that 3 people die everyday in the UK because of asthma attacks and research shows that 2/3 of asthma deaths are preventable? Also did you know there are about 5 millions adults in the UK with undiagnosed high blood pressure and they might only find out after they get hit by a long term cardiovascular condition such as stroke, heart attack or even death.There are numerous example where these came from.
I strongly believe given my skills, life experiences and strong emotional connection to this, I am morally and ethically obliged to spend the rest of my life creating the best solutions to this singular problem.
I am currently developing a technology platform to non invasively monitor an individuals cardiovascular health without she or he wearing it or even turning it on, it does it job without you thinking about it. Just think of something that has your back, something that monitors your health and informs you when some abnormal patterns begin to develop. All this is achieved by embedding this non-invasive sensor technology into object we already interact with on a daily basis while maintaining the objects’ natural look.
I currently have some working prototypes, if you want to have a try or see how it works, do send me an email.
I am just a child, a child of the cosmos, like you. Like you, I shall arrive, arrive at my unconscious destination, after which I shall exist as atoms, as atoms only, with a direct connection to home, to the universe,like you. Like you, I want to arrive by a natural cause, natural cause only, not an artificial cause ,not a preventable cause- this robs me of the chance I was gifted when that particular sperm cell made first contact with the ovary.
- BEng Mechanical Engineering & Automation, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2015
- Soft-Robotics Researcher, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, 2014
- Gesture controlled 4-DOF robot, FengRu Cup, Beijing, 2014
- Best International Graduate Award, 2015; First Prize, Beijing Municipal Government and Beihang University Scholarship for Excellent Studies, 2014; First Prize. Distinguished Foreign Student Award, 2014; Third Prize, Beijing Municipal Government and Beihang University Scholarship for Excellent Studies, 2013; First Prize, Beijing Municipal Government and Beihang University Scholarship for Excellent Studies, 2012
- Esuabom Dijemeni, Gabriele D’Amone, Israel Gbati, uDISE model: a universal drug-induced sedation endoscopy classification system-part 1,Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol, DOI 10.1007/s00405-017-4597-5, 2017; Esuabom Dijemeni, Gabriele D’Amone, Israel Gbati, Is drug-induced sedation endoscopy surgical decision-making process objective and systematic?,Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol, DOI 10.1007/s00405-017-4544-5, 2017