Where is China?
'Chinatown' is a community that exists in many cities around the world, it has the same cultural attributes but presents different historical and cultural features. In the past half a year, I went to different cities to shoot five different Chinatowns, and finally chose three to present in my work. There are: London, San Francisco and Los Angeles. I edited them into one film and present them in three screens; I am trying to create a kind of communication between three different cities in one space.
School of Arts & Humanities
MA Contemporary Art Practice, 2019
+44 (0)7426 998218
My art works mainly focus on the impact of social and urban changes in the context of globalisation. I use Moving image, sculpture and painting to express my art concept, trying to build a bridge between Chinese traditional culture and contemporary art.
- BA Chinese Painting, Tianjin Academy of Fine Art, 2014
- Camera operator, VICE China, Beijing, 2016
- 'Shiyu', Safe House, London, 2019; 'Togetherness', Assembly Point, London, 2019; 'Fragmentation', The Coningsby Gallery, London, 2019; 'Material Statement', Dyson Gallery, London, 2019
- New Artist Award, Poly Ink Award, Beijing, 2015
- A thousand miles, Qinghuai, 2014, p.203