I would like to be a designer for the Vatican. Thought-provoking objects and installations have the ability to materialise facts to visualise ideas and consequences.
I use design as a medium for reflection and mind provocation The products are the material relics of a societal contemplation; the films are narrative sequences related to the objects.
My interests overlap with history, popular culture, literature, cinema and the use of new technologies, existing material reforming and crafts, creating new contexts of production.
School of Design
MA Design Products, 2013
+44 (0)7570 895258
Ave Marias re-designs and re-choreographs traditional Catholic iconography in order to modernise the visual culture of religious faith. The project reveals the heritage of organised religion as well as the various ways it is presented. Our sense of spirituality is translated and re-objectified using new technologies such as 3D printing.I have deconstructed the gesture of the famous Pieta, which depicts the Virgin Mary cradling the dead body of Jesus, and created tools to reproduce it as a filmed performance. In this way I want to reinvigorate traditional religious art by re-contextualizing its production, conveying the power of religious codes and their interpretation through the language of objects.
- MA, Object, École Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Décoratifs, Paris, France, 2008; BA, Art: Communication, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts de Nancy, France, 2004
- Workshop leader, MUDAM Art Museum, Luxembourg, 2011; Trend researcher, Peclers Trend Forecasting Agency, Paris, 2011; Freelance tutor, London, 2011 (client: Global Lt); Internship, Tom Dixon, London, 2009
- New Olds, Holon Design Museum, Tel Aviv, Israel, 2011; Permanent Collection, Die Neue Sammlung Design, Munich, Germany, 2012; Permanent Collection, FNAC Fonds National d'Arts Contemporains, Paris, France, 2012; 10 years touring, IFA Institute For Foreign Affairs, Germany, 2011
- Winner, Exquisite Design Award for Innovation, Wyborowa, 2011
- Guest speaker, Trend Forecast, Peclers Paris, 2011
- Ultrabody, Beppe Finessi, Corraini Ediozioni, 2012; About Women. Design from France, Cité du design de Saint-Etienne, Banque centrale européenne, 2013; 'L'empathie ou l'expérience de l'autre', Biennial International Saint Etienne, 2013